In yet another disappointing setback for the 2023 Championship, the Juventus MCC have sadly had to pull out of running the first 2 rounds of the 2023 SA Off Road Championship, due to a serious lack of man-power available to make the event happen.
No-one wants to see the 2023 Championship slip back to a 4 round series, so this is a FINAL CALL to see if there is a Club, or a group of people, that would be prepared to assist with the running of rounds 1 and 2 of the Championships over the weekend of June 17 & 18 at ACUSA Park, Harrogate.
Assistance will be available as to where everything is at the Park: car parks, toilets, access points, etc, and specifically to show where the tracks can, and can’t, go.
What would be needed are the following:
- Track marking and un-marking teams (Monday of the June Long Weekend for marking, unmarking on the Sunday after racing or the following Saturday at the latest)
- 2 teams of sweep riders each day (minimum of 4 riders per team) – this is a must for the safety of all riders, as well as keeping the event on schedule.
- General assistants on the day for the following;
- Pit allocations and assisting teams/riders where they can set up.
- Sign On & Scrutineering assistants each morning
- Pit marshals – to assist with riders getting to the start line.
- Starters and finishers for each Test.
- Back up scoring teams.
- Bike recovery team.
Motorcycling South Australia will assist with the following:
- Assign the appropriate level officials to run the meeting.
- Approve the supp regs and all relevant paperwork.
- Set the event up in Ridernet and monitor all entries as they come in, and deal with any issues that may arise – specifically in relation to endorsements and numbers.
- Organise the event programs.
- Organise the round awards (trophies), that would be presented at the next rounds.
Motorcycling SA are keenly aware that the sport as a whole, and Enduro specifically, is suffering from a serious lack of volunteers to make events happen, so, if you think your Club, or a group could put together a team to make these rounds happen, please call the MSA Office, 8332 9000, or email email@example.com BEFORE Monday, May 15th.
Motorcycling SA have regularly been advertising for the past 4 years for persons interested in becoming the Sports Manager for Enduro, but to date there has not been a single applicant, and the position is still vacant. If you would like more information on the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get all of the information available.