Calling All Junior Budding Future Road Race Champions!
Motorcycling SA is currently inviting applications from juniors aged between 11 to 16 who are interested in being part of the 2024 bLU cRU SA Junior Cup.
Since its creation in 2022, the bLU cRU SA Junior Cup program has continued to develop, foster, and support the next generation of Road Race Champions on their way to success.
This outstanding series offers up to 14 lucky junior riders aged 11 to U16 the standout opportunity to develop their skills in a welcoming and inclusive environment, appealing to riders of all MSA disciplines. The bLU cRU SA Junior Cup has been developed to be a direct pathway to the National Oceania Junior Cup Academy, with the goal to foster the next round of future Champions.
The series for 2024 will consist of races at Mallala Motorsport Park, The GKCSA Go-Kart Circuit at Monarto, and the Southern Go-Kart Club of SA. In addition to these exciting rounds, the series has also been invited to be a support class for the FIM Mini GP Series.
Multiple wildcard entries to the events are also offered. So, if you can’t commit to the whole series and that is something you are interested in exploring, please see the details below.
Lucky participants of the series will each have access to the following benefits of the package:
- A race-prepared Yamaha R15 V2 150cc race bike.
- 5 full race meetings per year, comprising practice, qualifying, and 4 races over the 2-day meeting, totalling 20 separate races for the year.
- Riding gear – helmet, boots, and gloves at a hugely reduced price through AMX Superstores, Ricondi leathers fully decked out in SA colours, and complete with all sponsor logos (supplied as part of the package in 2023).
- 1 two-day coaching weekend at Monarto Kart Club, with full details of what will be included still to be confirmed.
- 2 other separate coaching days during the year are to be held at a track to be decided on.
- A number of other benefits, including media training and rider presentation lessons.
The cost to be a part of the bLU cRU SA Junior Cup in 2023 was $5100 to lease a fully race-prepared Factory Yamaha R15 V2 150cc race bike for the 6-round series. This included all transport of bikes and equipment to and from the circuit and all consumables. The price for 2024 for the 5-round series will be $4400.
For more information, including the full details of all costs involved, and to register your interest, please contact the Motorcycling SA Road Race Sports Manager, Mr. Kym Bolto – email@example.com.
Register your nomination now!
Images by Pit Lane Studio.