Motorcycling SA are excited to call for Expressions of Interest for the upcoming Level 1 Coaches Course to end off 2023, to be held over the weekend of Saturday & Sunday, December 16 & 17
The Course components comprise 2 full days, day 1 for the theory components, and day 2 for the practical side of the course. Course venues will be MSA Hall at Beulah Park for the theory and Sidewinders Junior Speedway at Wingfield for the practical.
Numbers are strictly limited to 21 attendees, and those who have already submitted EOI’s will have first preference (and have been contacted separately) – so be quick if you wish to put back into the sport in the best way possible, by developing tomorrow’s champions, today!
This course is fully supported and recognised by Motorcycling Australia, Sport Aus and the Australian Institute of Sport – and is suitable for ALL disciplines of the sport – ATV (Quads), Dirt Track, Enduro, Motocross, Reliability Trial, Road Race, Speedway and Trial.
DATES: Saturday & Sunday, December 16th & 17th
TIMES: Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm & Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm
VENUES: Saturday – MSA Hall, 251 The Parade, Beulah Park & Sunday – Sidewinders Junior Speedway, 8th Street, Wingfield
COST: $50.00 per person (this will cover lunch both days, as well as all course paperwork)
ENQUIRIES: 08 8332 9000, firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIREMENTS TO GET YOUR LEVEL 1:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Have at least 2 years practical experience in motorcycle competition as a competitor or official and have sound knowledge of motorcycling riding skills.
- A working with Children Screening is required and can be initiated by MSA (at no cost to you)
- Hold a current “Provide First Aid” qualification.
- Complete the online Sport Australia ‘Community Coaching – Essential Skills Course’ Please print your certificate and bring it to the course with you.
- Have completed at least 20 hours of ‘Sports Specific Tasks’, and have logged this with the MSA Office, or on your Ridernet profile.
- The following are suitable activities:
- Present or lecture at future courses
- Attend Training Camps (this one qualifies)
- Conduct some practical club coaching alongside a current coach
LEVEL 1 COACHES CAN:
- Can take out their own permits, run coaching days, conduct endorsement coaching and Kick Start Coaching.
- Can coach a maximum of six people at a time, unless with a Level 2 Coach where they can then coach up to ten people at a time.