With everything that is happening in regards COVID-19 and events having to be moved and/or postponed and cancelled, the 24 Hour Trial has managed to secure a new date for 2020 – the first date change for about 50 years, after being on the second weekend in July since the early 1970’s. Before that it had been held in August and September after originally being held in the June Long Weekend!
Here is the press release from the 24 Hour Trial Organising Committee;
Throughout the past 4 weeks, the committee has been in consultation with MSA regarding the 2020 HARDI 24 Hour Trial. It was agreed that due to the current, constantly changing and ongoing restrictions, that the original date of 11-12 July 2020 would be a struggle to meet.
After working tirelessly with our key stakeholders, we have booked the 2020 HARDI 24 Hour Trial to be held on 5th and 6th of September. There are still several factors which need to be cleared before the event can be confirmed. The most pressing of course being Government restrictions and approval from the Local Council. You will be updated as the situation progresses.
What does this mean for competitors?
• MA licenses were held on the 1st of April for the duration of time that MSA are not issuing permits for events and will be frozen until MSA events resume, subsequently extending your expiry date
• Entries and sup regs will be open and available once a permit is issued from the Local Council. A media release will be sent via Facebook and published on the website
• 1 event competition licenses will be available and valid for use in the 2020 HARDI 24 Hour Trial
• Entries will be refundable through Ridernet ONLY if tougher Government restrictions are enforced, causing the event to be cancelled.
• Interstate competitors eligibility will be determined following Government restrictions
• Presentation night is booked for Saturday 7th November at Vine Inn Barossa, Nuriootpa
• The event will return to the traditional date in July 2021
We appreciate your patience and ongoing support whilst we try to rearrange the event however most importantly, we would like to thank MSA and our sponsors;
Gawler Motorcycle Centre
Southern Steel Supplies
Vine Inn Barossa
Performance Trade Services
As we navigate our way towards September, we will be as informative as we can be and hope to give all our fathers competing, a wonderful Father’s Day.